Thursday, January 1, 2009

Okay, enough. Really. I'd like to go back to being married and having money and having friends now please. I'm not sure I deserve this. Does resolving to move to Austin count as showing enough sack to get some kind of karmic payoff? Because apparently fighting the proverbial good fight teaching public school doesn't cut it. All I wanted was to drink beer and smoke cigarettes in a bar with a couple of friends surrounded by other people who have nothing better to do than go to a bar on New Year's Eve. But, alas, I ask too much. So here I sit, alone on my first New Year's Eve alone, which is painfully poetic. I'm out of words, which is monumental for me. I have nothing to say.

1 comment:

tangobaby said...

Someday you'll look back on this hard, alone time and you'll realize it was the best thing that ever happened to you.

It happens to a lot of us. I know how you feel. But you're going to be just fine. You're going to be better than fine, in ways you'll never be able to say today but when you look back someday you'll see that this is when your life began.

Take care and take it slow. Keep writing. Don't be afraid to be sad. It won't last forever. Promise.