Monday, December 15, 2008

O Melville Where Art Thou

I think I'm moving to Austin.

Now what to do about my job?

Ha! That's a totally (well, okay, not totally) new train of thought. Ha!

I'm also going to begin reading Moby Dick in a few minutes. I'm terribly excited. And I love that I'm a big enough nerd to be excited about reading Melville. A person who gets excited about reading Melville has no business living in New Braunfels, Texas. I should be living in a city where people know who F. Scott Fitzgerald is and the streets are paved with books. Or at least the Fitzgerald thing. And I'm still going to buy the three bottles of liquor. *crosses fingers* But it'll have to wait until after payday, because apparently blowing a head gasket is a little on the expensive side.

2 comments:

tangobaby said...

Perhaps someday you'll come out to SF, where the streets aren't always paved with books but you can count the number of people reading 1000 Years of Solitude on the train. (I have.)

The Archduchess said...

Moby Dick? Goodness me, why? Melville uses semicolons much too liberally for my taste and make (too) brisk work of whale biology.

The story is on the whole rather interesting, if only one can get past the tedious, tedious fluff.